Concept mapping in teaching/ learning process: chain pattern

Concept mapping in teaching/ learning process: chain pattern
From the very beginning of the activity of concept mapping, I’ve realized that due to my parallel occupation as a teacher it would be difficult to disconnect myself, all of a sudden, from the role of the teacher and to start thinking and reflecting as a learner. And even after a considerable effort to remain focused on the learning procedure, I am not totally sure that I finally managed to illustrate, the way I learn and not the way I teach. This discovering made me wonder whether my learning perception is, influenced by my teaching perception, particularly for 3ds Max or generally for other subjects too, and/or the opposite.
In the aftermath of the above finding and while trying to elaborate further the map, I started to become aware that a chain pattern had a leading role in the structure. In addition, the use of a few basic colours, allowed me to portray clearer the sequential perception of my CPD activity.

The identification of a dominant chain pattern: The learning procedure in 3DS Max begun with the acquisition of the basic knowledge, progressed with the advanced knowledge, while it was oriented to several learning outcomes. This could be an indicator that my learning style was goal-oriented or motivated by several learning outcomes or that 3DS Max training was encouraging a sequential learning procedure.

Comments